Waffles are one of my favorite sweet breakfast foods. They're so quick and easy to make and the topping options are endless! What more could you ask for in a breakfast dessert?
During my freshman year of undergrad, I never missed a waffle Wednesday at the dining hall. In fact, I even brought my own chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of them! I like to break up each quadrant into different flavors. My favorite toppings are chocolate chips, Trader Joe's cookie butter, lemon curd, and Bonne Maman raspberry preserves!
At no cost to you, I may earn from qualifying purchases made through affiliate links on this page.
What are your favorite waffle toppings?
Rate & comment below!
Fluffy Belgian Waffles
- Waffle maker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, sour cream, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Grease the waffle maker with butter or cooking spray, pour ~½ the batter into the waffle maker, and cook until golden.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!