Do you remember Fudge Brownie Little Bites? They were one of my favorite treats when I was little! (Sometimes I'd even eat them for breakfast!) I recreated this nostalgic snack through these mini brownie bites, except they're so much better! They're fudgy, filled with mini chocolate chips, and gone in two bites (but that just means you can eat more, right??) With the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and mini chocolate chips, they have the perfect chocolateyness!
Ever since I started baking my own desserts from scratch, box mixes and store-bought treats don't taste nearly as good as they used to! When I made these, I was really excited because of how much they resembled the Little Bites I'd get from the store. But then, I took a bite and was even more happy! They may look just like the ones I grew up with, but they have that fresh, homemade-from-scratch taste that you just can't get from the grocery store!
Another reason I was so excited to make these was because I got to use my mini muffin pan! Every once in a while, Chris and I go prop shopping at thrift and antique stores. A few months ago, we made a trip up to a nearby neighborhood and stopped at a few. I'm not the best shopper so I don't usually find many things, but I did come across this pan! It was such a great find! I'm a big fan of USA Pan - they make nice, heavy-duty pans that last a long time! (Not sponsored, I just really like them.) The wells are the perfect size for these mini brownie bites, and you can just fill them with the batter using a small cookie scoop!
(This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I could earn from purchases made through them. It doesn't add any extra cost to you, but it does help support this blog!)
Tips & Storage:
- Be sure to grease the mini muffin pan really well or else your brownie bottoms might stick to the pan when you try to take them out!
- If you have mini muffin liners, feel free to use them!
- You can also make these into bigger brownie bites! If you use a normal sized muffin/cupcake pan, add 2 scoops of batter to each well and bake them for 15-20 minutes.
- Store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Did you try this recipe?
Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram and rate & comment below!
Mini Brownie Bites
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups or Scale
- Measuring spoons
- Small cookie scoop
- 24-well Mini Muffin Pan
- ½ cup (1 stick/113g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (170g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup (133g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (83g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (90g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips (1 cup) and butter until smooth. Stir the mixture every 30 seconds as you microwave them.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool, and then mix the sugar in really well so that it dissolves as much as possible. Then, mix in the eggs (one at a time) at medium-high speed for at least 2 minutes. It should thicken and get lighter in color. Finally, mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and mini chocolate chips. Add this to the wet ingredients and gently fold in with a spatula just until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill each well of the mini muffin pan with brownie batter.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the tops look slightly firm and start to crack a little.
- Let the brownie bites cool in the pan and then remove them. If your pan was greased well, you should be able to give them a little twist and pull them right out. Otherwise, you might need to carefully scoop them out with a butter knife.