All raw batter is edible if you believe in yourself! 😉 Well, sometimes you don't even want to make brownies, you just want an easy chocolatey dip to scoop into your mouth! This Edible Brownie Batter is so easy, you don't even need to heat treat flour (because it uses protein powder instead)! It's made with only 5 ingredients and whips up in 5 minutes!
If you're here, I'm assuming you love eating uncooked doughs & batters (like me)! Might I interest you in some edible cookie dough? I've got the classic chocolate chip, funfetti and monster cookie dough (filled with mini chocolate chips and M&Ms)! These recipes do use heat treated flour, but are still so simple and delicious!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I could earn from purchases made through them. It doesn't add any extra cost to you, but it does help support this blog!
What You Need to Make This Edible Batter
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla protein powder
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cups or scale
Step by Step Instructions
I promise, this is so much easier and faster than a regular brownie batter recipe!
Step 1 (Picture 1 below) - Melt the chocolate and butter.
Cut up the butter into tablespoons and add it with the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20-30 seconds, stir with a whisk, and repeat until they're melted.
Step 2 (Picture 2 below) - Mix in the sugar.
While the chocolate mixture is still warm, stir in the brown sugar. Whisk it really well to try to dissolve the sugar.
Step 3 (Picture 3 below) - Add the cocoa & protein.
The final step is to mix in these powders! Use unsweetened cocoa to make sure it doesn't get too sweet. The protein powder acts as a binding agent, replacing the need for flour. It tastes great and adds a bit of amino acids! (This makes it healthy, right? 😅)
Ways to Enjoy This Brownie Batter
Honestly, my favorite way to eat it is just by spooning it into my mouth, but you can totally get creative and enjoy it in other ways too!
- Mix in your favorite toppings
- Peanut butter
- Chopped up Reese's PB Cups
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini M&Ms
- Marshmallow fluff
- Cookie butter
- Sprinkles, maybe?
- Layer it in cakes
- Dip cookies in it
- Top off a bowl of ice cream with it
- You can also use a cookie scoop to make edible brownie bites!
- Right after making it, use a small cookie scoop to place balls of batter on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let them sit for half an hour, and then you've got little chocolate bites to snack on!
FAQ & Storage
Definitely! If this recipe is too sweet for your taste, feel free to use less sugar. Since no baking is involved, you can easily adjust any of the ingredients to fit your preference!
You can certainly try it! I got this vanilla protein powder from Costco and I love it, but if you prefer another flavor feel free to use it instead! If you use chocolate protein powder, I'd recommend decreasing the amount of cocoa powder added.
It will start to harden a bit as it sits, but you can heat it in the microwave for a few seconds or mix in some milk or cream to thin it out. Either way, it's safe to eat and delicious!
Yes! Double check that your protein powder has the gluten free seal of approval, though!
In an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Did you try this recipe?
Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram and leave a star review below!
Edible Brownie Batter
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring Cups or Scale
- ½ cup (85 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (56.75 g) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (50 g) light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup (25 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (27 g) vanilla protein powder
- Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl. Stop & stir every 20-30 seconds until it's a smooth, melted mixture.
- Stir the brown sugar into the warm chocolate mixture really well, then mix in the cocoa and protein powders.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
More Chocolate Recipes
- Black Velvet Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling
- The Best Easy Nutella Bars
- Quick & Easy Oreo Muffins
- S'mores Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Caramel Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies (Levain Copycat)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Without Brown Sugar
- The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Easy S'mores Cookie Recipe