What's better than cookie dough that you can eat raw?! Safe to eat cookie dough with rainbow sprinkles! Grab a spoon and dive into a big bowl of this Edible Funfetti Cookie Dough! It's deliciously flavored with vanilla extract and uses heat treated flour to eliminate any potential bacteria from raw flour. It's also eggless and free of any leaveners!
Do you like to sneak tastes of raw dough while making sugar cookies? Well, now you can eat the whole bowl without feeling guilty (or potentially sick)! This recipe is super simple to make and you don't have to worry about cookies spreading or over-baking or anything like that. Baking isn't required but there is a little heat involved with the flour. However, this can be done in the microwave or the oven! You just need to heat up the flour so that it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit (check this with a thermometer). This will kill any bacteria that might exist in the raw flour!
(This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I could earn from purchases made through them. It doesn't add any extra cost to you, but it does help support this blog!)
Once your flour is ready to go, just mix all of the ingredients together really well and it's good to eat - so quick and easy! You can add more or less milk (or water) depending on your cookie dough texture preference. More sprinkles can also be mixed in if you want it to be really fun! These rainbow sprinkles are my favorite to use. They're pretty, vibrant, and free of artificial dyes! However, other colors or themed sprinkles can be used instead.
Fun Fact: The name "funfetti" is actually trademarked by Pillsbury! However, it's been used to widely that it's accepted as a term for rainbow sprinkles!
Tips & Storage:
- I do not recommend using nonpareils or decorating sugar for this recipe as the colors tend to bleed into the dough with these forms of sprinkles.
- This edible cookie dough can be added to other desserts like cakes, brownies, ice cream, etc! Have fun with it! Cookie dough ice cream is one of my favorite summer treats and this dough is the perfect addition! It's also a festive addition to birthday cakes!
- Feel free to mix other treats into this dough as well! (I recommend mini white chocolate chips!)
- Store the edible funfetti cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Let it soften at room temperature before eating.
Did you try this recipe?
Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram and rate & comment below!
Edible Funfetti Cookie Dough
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer or wooden spoon
- Measuring Cups or Scale
- Measuring spoons
- Small cake pan or microwave safe bowl
- 1¾ cups (218g) all-purpose flour heat-treated
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks/170g) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Watkins Organic Baking Vanilla Extract*
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ½ cup Watkins Rainbow Decorating Sprinkles*
- Heat-treat the flour either in the oven or the microwave & then let it cool.Oven: Preheat to 350°F. Measure flour into a small/medium pan & bake for 9-12 min or until it reaches a temperature of 160°F.Microwave: Measure flour into a microwave-safe bowl & heat for 1 min. Check the temperature with a thermometer. Continue heating in 15 sec intervals until it reaches 160°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- If the heat-treated flour is clumpy, break it up with the back of a spoon. Then, sift it into the mixing bowl and mix well. Mix in the milk and add more until the dough is the texture you prefer!
- Finally, mix in the sprinkles!