This S'mores Cookie Dough is an easy edible cookie dough recipe with all the flavors of the classic fireside treat. This no-bake s'mores dessert comes together in just a few minutes and it's the best cookie dough ever!
I love making eggless cookie dough, especially with this s'mores twist on it! Because this marshmallow dough recipe uses heat-treated flour and no eggs, you can mix it up and eat it straight from the bowl!
The combination of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows is so nostalgic, and Summer is the perfect time to try this s'mores cookie dough dip.
Of all my edible cookie dough recipes, this one's my favorite!!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This edible cookie dough s'mores is so simple and foolproof, bakers of any level can make it!
- It's basically the dough for my s'mores cookie recipe except it's safe to eat straight from the bowl!
- It's a fun new spin on a classic s'more.
- You can whip up this easy recipe in just a few minutes when you're s'mores craving hits!
- Get all the delicious flavors of s'mores without building a campfire.
You'll need the following ingredients to make this delicious edible cookie dough:
- Heat-treated flour is the key to making this cookie dough safe to eat without baking.
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar are both used in this recipe. Whatever brown sugar you have on hand will work!
- Milk chocolate chips add that Hershey chocolate taste.
- Graham crackers get mixed into the dough for flavor and crunch.
- Mini marshmallows and marshmallow creme add gooey sweetness to the dough.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Mix in cookie butter with the marshmallow cream for added flavor and richness.
- Use a chopped Hershey's chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips for traditional s'mores flavor.
- Toast the marshmallows in the oven under the broiler before mixing them in.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How to Heat-Treat Flour
Heat-treating your flour is the most important step in making edible cookie dough! Raw flour contains bacteria and needs to be cooked to a certain temperature in order to make it safe to consume.
There are two ways I like to heat-treat my flour:
- Microwave method: In a heat-safe bowl, cook the flour for 30 seconds and continue cooking in 20 second intervals until a thermometer reads 160-165°F. Make sure you're using regular all-purpose flour without any minerals that could react in a microwave.
- Oven method: This is the safest method! Heat the flour on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for about 10-12 minutes until it reaches 160-165°F to ensure it is safe to eat.
How to Make S'mores Cookie Dough
Quick Recipe Video
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: In a large bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Step 2: Sift the heat-treated flour and salt into the butter mixture. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Add milk until the consistency of the dough is how you like it. About 2-4 tablespoons are recommended.
Step 4: Mix in the chocolate, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and marshmallow fluff until evenly distributed. Serve and enjoy!
Ways to Eat Edible Cookie Dough
- Roll the dough into little balls and mix it into ice cream for semi-homemade cookie dough ice cream.
- Make cookie dough s'mores by smushing a big scoop of s'mores cookie dough between graham crackers (pictured below)!
- Dip graham crackers into the cookie dough and eat it like a s'mores cookie dough dip.
No. This recipe is created to be eaten raw and does not contain eggs or a rising agent.
This cookie dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month.
This edible s'mores cookie dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Let it soften at room temperature for about 20 minutes before eating.
Feel free to freeze this edible dough for up to 1 month!
S'mores Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Microwave-safe bowl or a pan for heat-treating the flour
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Electric mixer recommended
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour heat-treated
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (light or dark) packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup graham crackers about 2 whole crackers crushed into small pieces
- ⅓ cup mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup marshmallow creme
- Heat-treat the flour in the oven or the microwave & then let it cool.Oven: Preheat to 350°F. Measure flour into a small/medium pan & bake for 6-10 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of 160-165°F.Microwave: Add flour to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds. Stir, check the temperature with a thermometer, and continue heating in 15 second intervals until it reaches a temperature of 160-165°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugars, and vanilla extract really well.
- Sift in the heat-treated flour and salt. Mix until combined well.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of milk. Add more as needed to reach your desired cookie dough consistency.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers, and mini marshmallows. Then lightly fold in the marshmallow creme. Enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.