S'mores Cookies are gooey chocolate chip cookies loaded with graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and semi-sweet chocolate chips! They get extra s'mores flavor from marshmallow creme and cookie butter mixed into the dough. This easy recipe will give you a taste of campfire in less than 30 minutes!
Nothing says Summer quite like s'mores, and these cookies with marshmallow fluff really hit the spot! They are chewy and gooey but not quite as messy as traditional s'mores.
The combination of cookie butter and graham cracker pieces doubles down on the graham flavor. Plus, if you eat these s'mores chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven, the marshmallows and chocolate will be melted and sticky, just like a freshly made s'more!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's an easy summer dessert recipe that reminds me of camping!
- Double graham cracker flavor and double marshmallow goodness.
- Classic s'more flavors you can make all year long without a bonfire.
- This recipe for s'mores cookies make great ice cream sandwiches!
- It's a baked classic cookie version of my edible s'mores cookie dough and no bake s'mores cookies, and a simpler version of my s'mores macarons.
You'll need the following ingredients to make these delicious S'mores Cookies:
- Creamy cookie butter gives every bite of dough graham cracker flavor.
- This recipe uses semi-sweet chocolate chips to balance the sweetness of the other ingredients, but feel free to use milk chocolate for a more traditional s'mores flavor.
- Light brown sugar gives these cookies extra flavor and chewiness. Dark brown sugar can be used to make them more rich!
- Graham crackers are crushed into small pieces to add flavor and crunch.
- Mini marshmallows and marshmallow creme give these marshmallow chocolate chip cookies gooey, sweet flavor.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Substitute the cookie butter with creamy peanut butter for a PB s'mores twist, like in my peanut butter s'mores tartlets!
- Use milk or dark chocolate chips, or a chopped Hershey's chocolate bar, in place of the semi-sweet chips.
- Make s'mores cookie sandwiches by smushing a big scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies and dipping the sides in mini chocolate chips! Or, make them with marshmallow creme or meringue frosting on the inside!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How to Make S'mores Cookies
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, cookie butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract to combine.
Step 3: Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the flour streaks disappear.
Step 4: Fold the chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, and mini marshmallows into the dough. Lightly fold in the marshmallow creme so there are streaks of it throughout the dough.
Step 5: Place large scoops (about 3 tablespoons each) of cookie dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake the cookies at 350°F until the edges start to tan.
Expert Baking Tips
- Don't forget to line your pan with parchment paper or a silicone sheet so the marshmallows don't stick to the pan.
- Top the cookie dough balls with extra graham crackers, chocolate, and mini marshmallows before baking.
- The melty marshmallows may cause the cookies to lose their round shape. That's okay! If you want to fix this, use the back of a spoon to push the edges back into place. You can also place a larger round object over the cookie and scoot it around into a circle!
S'mores are a dessert made by roasting a marshmallow, typically over a campfire, and sandwiching it with Hershey's chocolate between two graham crackers.
Traditional s'mores use honey graham crackers, but you could also use cinnamon, chocolate, or whatever flavor you like.
Yes. Scoop dough balls and freeze on a sheet pan so they don't stick together. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag to store in the freezer.
These s'mores cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Place a slice of bread in the container with them to keep them extra soft!
Store cooled cookies in an freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.
If you freeze the cookie dough balls to make them later (within 2 weeks), preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the frozen dough balls as usual. They may take a few extra minutes to bake!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a ⭐️ rating below and share it on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Easy S'mores Cookie Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Scale/measuring cups scale recommended - see "metric" tab below for gram measurements
- Electric mixer recommended
- Cookie scoop 3 tablespoon capacity
- Wire rack
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour weighed in grams or spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (168 g) unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 g) creamy cookie butter
- ⅓ cup (66.67 g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (66.67 g) light brown sugar packed; dark brown sugar also works
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (135 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips milk or dark can be used instead
- ¾ cup (46 g) graham cracker pieces 3 whole graham crackers crushed = ¾ cup pieces
- ½ cup (25 g) mini marshmallows
- ½ cup (48 g) marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cookie butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces, and mini marshmallows. Then, gently fold in the marshmallow creme so there are streaks of it throughout the dough.
- Place large cookie dough balls (about 3 tablespoons each) onto the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake on the middle rack until the edges start to tan (10-15 minutes).
- Let the s'mores cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.