AKA Kasper Krispies, these super easy no bake bars are a favorite among my friends! They only use 4 ingredients and can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes! The white chocolate and peanut butter melt into a delicious unique flavor and coat the mini marshmallows and Rice Krispies perfectly. These are so much better than your average Rice Krispie Treat!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I could earn from purchases made through them. It doesn't add any extra cost to you, but it does help support this blog!
I first called theses Kasper Krispies because my high school AP calc teacher, Mrs. Kasper, used to make them for our class. I couldn't remember what she called them or the exact recipe, so I got as close as my memory would take me & named them after her! They're now known as Kasper Krispies to my close friends and I, but I changed the name to be more descriptive of the dessert so that everyone can more easily discover these tasty treats!
Making these bars could not be simpler. First you'll want to line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so that it hangs over the sides. Then, combine the marshmallows and Rice Krispies in a large bowl. Melt the creamy peanut butter and white chocolate chips together in the microwave and then stir it into the cereal combo. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, top with extra white chocolate chips, and refrigerate for a few hours! They can be cut into 9 larger or 16 smaller squares.
Tips & Storage:
Of course! Feel free to use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips instead (or a mix of multiple!)
Not at all! They both keep their shape & texture very well so the bars are soft & crunchy!
Yes, this recipe is easily adjustable! Feel free to add extra cereal for more of a crunch, change the chocolate peanut butter ratio, or whatever you like!
You can make these in a 9x13 inch dish. Double the ingredients for thin bars, triple them for thicker bars.
They can be! Be sure to use Rice Krispies Gluten Free cereal and gluten free marshmallows.
In the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months. They can get pretty melty if left at room temperature.
Did you try this recipe?
Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram and leave a star review below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
- 1 cup peanut butter I use creamy but whichever kind you prefer!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt the peanut butter and white chocolate chips together in a medium-sized microwave safe bowl (30 seconds at a time, mix after each interval until they're melted).
- Add the Rice Krispies and marshmallows to a separate large bowl and fold in the melted peanut butter/chocolate mixture until everything is evenly coated.
- Line an 8x8 dish* (or similar) with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pour the mixture into the dish and flatten evenly, then sprinkle with extra white chocolate chips.
- Let the bars set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting into them.