Do you ever crave classic s'mores but don't want to go outside and build a bonfire? Well this no bake s'mores cookie recipe is the perfect way to get your fix! It's a simple, one-bowl dessert, no fire required, with all the flavors of traditional s'mores wrapped into your new favorite cookie.
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I could earn from purchases made through them. It doesn't add any extra cost to you, but it does help support this blog!
Why We Love This Recipe
- You'll only need 4 ingredients and one bowl to create these s'mores no bake cookies.
- Add this to your list of no bake desserts for kids to help in the kitchen because it's incredibly simple and only requires 3 steps!
- This easy cookie recipe has all of the traditional s'mores components in one delicious cookie - graham flavor, melty marshmallow, and lots of chocolate.
This s'mores cookies recipe could not be simpler and only requires a few basic tools.
- Microwave safe bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Wax paper so your cookies come off the paper clean (parchment paper works too)
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl with the cookie butter and microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring after each, until mostly melted. Continue stirring until it's fully melted and smooth.
STEP 2: Add the marshmallow creme and crushed graham crackers to the wet ingredients, and mix, scraping the sides of the bowl, until thoroughly combined.
STEP 3: Scoop mixture into cookie form, about 2 tablespoons each, and let set on wax paper on top of a cookie sheet or plate until dry and firm.
Note: It may be a bit crumbly but you should be able to form them into cookies with your hands and they will hold together better once they're dry.
Tips For Success
TIP #1 - There are a few simple ways to turn your graham crackers into crumbs. You can pulse whole graham crackers in a food processor or crush them in a large Ziploc bag with a rolling pin until they are the texture of sand with a few larger pieces. Or, you can break them into the bowl with your hands, but this takes a bit longer!
TIP #2 - For best results it's important to use high quality chocolate chips in this s'mores cookie recipe. The better quality chocolate will temper better so the cookies dry and hold together well.
TIP #3 - Nowadays, you can usually find cookie butter (also called Speculoos cookie butter) in your local grocery store by the peanut butter, or you can order it online.
Substitutions & Variations
- Try making a peanut butter version of these no bake cookie butter cookies by swapping out peanut butter for the cookie butter.
- Swap out milk chocolate chips or chopped up Hershey bars for the dark chocolate for a sweeter, more kid-friendly version.
- Substitute crushed Oreos for the graham cracker crumbs to make these into double chocolate marshmallow no bake cookies.
- Melt extra chocolate in the first step and then add mini marshmallows, graham cracker pieces, and/or chocolate chunks to the top of the cookies before they dry.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Room Temperature: These s'mores cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Freezer: Make sure to chill your cookie s'mores in the fridge before transferring to a sealed container so they don't stick together, and freeze for up to 3 months.
No. This recipe was developed to be no-bake and should not be cooked in the oven.
You can add a bit more melted chocolate and/or marshmallow fluff, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
Try melting some marshmallows in the microwave until they're warm and then stir them into creme, but be very careful and watch them closely because they explode quickly!
Did you try this recipe? I'd love to see it! Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram & Facebook and leave a ⭐️ review below!
No Bake S'mores Cookie Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Wax paper
- ½ cup chocolate chips high quality >60% cocoa
- ½ cup cookie butter
- ½ cup marshmallow creme/fluff
- 8 graham crackers crushed
- Heat the chocolate and cookie butter in a medium/large bowl in the microwave in 10 second intervals until mostly melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the marshmallow creme and crushed graham crackers and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons at a time, forming cookie shapes and placing them on a plate covered in wax paper to dry. Makes about 12-14 cookies.