You can never go wrong with chocolate chip cookies! These classic treats are soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and filled with gooey chocolate chips. They're my go-to bake when I'm craving something easy and sweet!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted Butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases made through links on this page.
Tips & Storage
- These chocolate chip cookies can be made with either 1 cup of butter or ½ cup butter and ½ cup of shortening. While I prefer the flavor of all-butter cookies, the appearance and texture of those with the shortening is nice (see example picture)
- I like to mix 3 different types of chocolate chips while making these: regular semi-sweet, milk, and mini semi-sweet chips. I love milk chocolate, but the semi-sweet keeps them from tasting too sweet, and the mini chips help fill in the dough!
- For smaller cookies, use 1 scoop of dough. For larger cookies (like the ones shown here), combine 2 scoops of dough together.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container with half of a piece of bread (or smaller). The cookies will absorb the moisture from the bread and stay soft longer.
- Or, store in the freezer and let the cookies thaw or microwave them prior to eating
More Cookie Recipes:
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Cowboy Cookies
- Scary Good Monster Cookies
- Edible Monster Cookie Dough
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
Rate & Comment Below!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen scale or measuring cups
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment, wooden spoon, or hand mixer
- Cookie scoop
- Cooling rack
- Parchment paper
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks/226g) unsalted butter room temperature (or ½ cup butter and ½ cup of shortening)
- 1¼ cup (250g) light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (405g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl sides as needed. Add eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls of dough at least 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets (optional: add mini chocolate chips to the tops of the dough balls).
- Bake at 350°F for 10-14 minutes or until the edges are lightly tan.
- After a few minutes, transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy!