What's better than the absolute perfect, chewy chocolate chip cookie? A Thick Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie! These cookies take already delicious chocolate chip cookie dough and stuff everybody's favorite Oreo cookie right in the middle. Because really, what's better than one cookie? Two in one!
The texture of these Oreo stuffed cookies is soft and chewy on the outside, crunchy on the inside from the chocolate cookies with the creamiest center from the cream filling. These Oreo chocolate chip cookies have double the chocolate, double the cookie, and are extra delicious! If you love stuffed cookies, try my Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Cookies too!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- You get two cookies in one chocolate chip Oreo cookies recipe!
- It's super simple and makes the most decadent chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Oreos.
- Unlike other cookies stuffed with Oreos recipes, you won't need to chill the dough so you can have delicious cookies in under 30 minutes!
- This is an easy, one-bowl cookie recipe that's perfect for dunking in milk!
- It has an indulgent cookies and cream flavor, just like my Edible Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough!
- For the dough, you'll need both granulated and brown sugar to get the classic chocolate chip cookie flavor and texture. Light or dark brown sugar will work in this recipe.
- Use your favorite, good-quality chocolate chips for these thick stuffed cookies. I like to use a mixture of both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and toss in some chocolate chunks for extra meltiness.
- Make sure your unsalted butter is softened but still slightly cold.
- Oreos are the star here! I like using regular ones, but double stuffed Oreos will give you an extra creamy center. However, they don't have to be the Oreo brand - your favorite creme-filled sandwich cookie will taste great in these stuffed cookies!
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- There are so many different types of Oreos these days - try using the classic Double Stuf or any of your favorite flavors for these cookies and cream cookies! Festive Oreos are perfect for the Holidays!
- Doctor your chocolate chip cookies just how you like them. Prefer nuts? Add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts. Like M&M's instead of regular chocolate chips? Go ahead and swap them out.
- Want even more of a cookies and cream flavor? Substitute the chocolate chips in the cookie dough with crushed Oreo cookies!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Oreo Stuffed Cookies
Step 1: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
Step 2: Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients until combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips evenly throughout the cookie dough.
Step 3: Place an Oreo between two 4-teaspoon scoops of cookie dough, and seal edges together to completely cover the Oreo. Place the stuffed cookie dough balls on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake the Oreo stuffed cookies at 350°F until the edges start to tan (about 9-12 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- You want your butter softened but still a little cold so the dough is easy to work with. If your butter is too warm or even melted, it will be difficult to handle when you put the Oreos in cookie dough. Colder butter will also help prevent the cookies from spreading too much while they bake.
- Using a cookie scoop (4-teaspoon capacity) to portion out the chocolate chip cookie dough makes this process easy, consistent and clean.
- Make sure you place the dough balls on your cookie sheet with the Oreo flat rather than standing on its side.
You won't need to chill this cookie dough before baking. However, if you'd like to make the dough in advance, you can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
This could be from your butter being too warm and soft, not creaming together the butter and sugar enough, or under-measuring flour.
No, feel free to use any creme-filled cookie brand. You could also stuff them with other types of cookies if you'd like!
Absolutely! The dough can be made a month ahead of time. I recommend scooping the cookie dough into balls and freezing them. When you're ready to assemble and bake the cookies, let the dough balls thaw just until they're soft enough to mold around the Oreos. Then bake the Oreo stuffed cookies as normal!
Store Oreo stuffed cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week. I recommend adding a slice of bread to the container to keep them extra soft for longer!
Individually wrap fully cooled cookies in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The cookie dough can also be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 1 month. I recommend forming the dough balls and freezing them in a freezer-safe bag. Thaw the dough balls, wrap 2 around an Oreo, and bake at 350°F until the edges are tan.
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram & Facebook!
Thick Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Cookie scoop
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment recommended
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter slightly cold
- ⅓ cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour weighed in grams or spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks your favorite flavor or a mixture of semi-sweet and white chocolate
- 10 whole Oreos or your favorite creme-filled sandwich cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes on medium speed). Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough balls (about 4 teaspoons per ball). Press 2 balls around 1 Oreo cookie so that it's completely covered in dough. Place Oreo stuffed cookies 2-3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the edges start to tan (about 9-12 minutes). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply