I love macadamia nut cookies! They were always my go-to when I'd get Subway in college. These are even better because they're homemade! They're so simple to make, and they always feel a little bit special thanks to the macadamia nuts.
These chewy white chocolate chip cookies have such a great combination of textures. The cookie dough is chewy, the white chocolate is creamy, and the macadamia nuts are crunchy but not too hard.
Try making these white chocolate macadamia cookies the next time you have a craving for chocolate chip cookies!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This easy recipe for white chocolate and macadamia cookies only has 4 quick steps!
- The saltiness of the macadamia nuts complements the sweetness of the white chocolate chips.
- You only have to dirty one bowl to make this simple cookie recipe.
- The texture is soft and chewy with pockets of melty chocolate and crunchy nuts in every bite!
You'll need the following ingredients to make these chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- Macadamia nuts are what make these cookies so unique, but they can also be quite expensive. I recommend buying the Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt in bulk from Costco so you can get the most bang for your buck.
- Use good quality white chocolate chips for the best flavor.
- Vanilla extract adds a warm flavor throughout the cookie dough.
- The combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar make the cookies extra chewy. Dark or light brown sugar will work in this recipe!
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- If you don't want to use macadamia nuts, replace them with walnuts or another nut you prefer.
- Use a different flavor of chocolate chips such as semi-sweet, dark, or even butterscotch chips.
- For extra melty white chocolate, chop up a bar of white chocolate instead of using chips.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
Quick Recipe Video
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: In a mixing bowl (electric mixer recommended), cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until it's light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract to combine.
Step 2: Stir the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Step 3: Fold in the white chocolate chips and crushed macadamia nuts until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
Step 4: Roll about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie and place them onto a metal cookie sheet and bake at 350°F until the edges begin to tan.
Expert Baking Tips
- To crush the macadamia nuts, place the macadamia nuts in a bag and tap them with a rolling pin.
- Weigh your flour in grams using a scale for the most accurate measure. This will help ensure your cookies don't come out dry and puffy.
- Make sure not to over-bake your cookies so they are soft and chewy.
No. These cookies can be baked right after making the dough without any chilling required.
Yes! The cookie dough can be chilled in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for 1 month. I recommend scooping the dough balls prior to chilling so you can plop them on the sheet and bake right away!
I recommend browsing through Costco, Amazon, or your local bulk foods store.
Store leftover white chocolate macadamia nut cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Leave a slice of bread in the container with them for extra soft cookies!
Store cooled cookies in an freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
Make Ahead Instructions
The cookie dough can be made in advance and chilled in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for 1 month. Scoop the dough into 3 tablespoon balls before freezing so you don't have to deal with scooping frozen dough.
Did you try this recipe? Leave a ⭐️ rating below and share it on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer recommended
- Measuring spoons
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar packed; light or dark
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups (218.75 g) all-purpose flour weighed in grams (see metric tab) or spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (135 g) white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bar
- ¾ cup (100.5 g) macadamia nuts crushed slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (hand mixer at medium speed for 2-3 minutes). Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients just until combined well.
- Fold the white chocolate chips and crushed macadamia nuts into the cookie dough until evenly distributed.
- Scoop and roll 3 tablespoon dough balls and place them onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake on the middle rack until the edges start to tan (about 10-14 minutes).
- Let them cool on the pan until firm enough to transfer to a wire rack.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.