These Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies take two favorite foods - peanut butter and Nutella - and mash them up into one marbled cookie! Even though these cookies look stunning and complex, they are actually super simple to make in less than 30 minutes and absolutely addicting to eat.
While I was dreaming up these cookies, I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a peanut butter cookie or a Nutella cookie, so I decided not to choose! These chewy Nutella cookies with peanut butter are the best of both worlds and will satisfy any cookie craving.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This easy Nutella and peanut butter cookie recipe requires less than 10 ingredients and can be ready in about 20 minutes!
- No chilling of the dough is required.
- It packs two delicious flavors into one treat. They're like my Peanut Butter Cookies mixed with chocolate hazelnut cookies!
- You probably have all of the ingredients for these cookies already in your pantry.
- It's a great base recipe to try different creamy flavor combinations.
- Nutella and peanut butter each flavor half of the dough. Creamy peanut butter is my go-to, but feel free to use crunchy if that's your preference. Any brand of chocolate hazelnut spread can be used, it doesn't have to be Nutella!
- Light brown sugar adds richness and makes these cookies extra chewy along with the egg. No worries if you only have dark brown sugar on hand, that can be used instead!
- Because peanut butter and Nutella can be very sweet, don't skip the salt!
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Swap in any alternative nut butters like almond or pistachio for the peanut butter. Or, try them with cookie butter!
- Make a PB&J version by leaving out the nutella and adding 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam to half of the dough.
- If you love chocolate, add a dollop of Nutella to each cookie dough ball for a peanut butter Nutella swirl cookie, or mix in some chocolate chips.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How To Make Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, cream room temperature butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
Step 2: Stir the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Divide the dough in half into two separate bowls. Carefully fold peanut butter into one half and Nutella into the other half. Then, gently combine the doughs in one bowl so they're just swirled together.
Step 4: Scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and bake cookies at 350°F for 9-12 minutes until the edges are set. Transfer to a wire rack to let the cookies cool.
Expert Baking Tips
- Having all of your ingredients at room temperature will help them easily combine to make the dough.
- Creamy peanut butter works best to get that chewy peanut butter cookie texture. Crunchy can be used in a pinch but will result in a chunkier, potentially drier cookie.
- Don't overmix the combined doughs or they won't end up with the marbled look.
- Place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet to avoid spreading together. To make them perfectly round, give them a scoot with a larger circular object while they're hot out of the oven!
- Use a large ice cream or cookie scoop (3-4 tablespoon capacity) for consistent big, chewy cookies!
Nutella is a hazelnut spread with milk chocolate. It is sweet, thick, and extra rich. I like to eat it on bananas or by the spoonful if I'm not baking with it. You can use other brands of chocolate hazelnut spread in place of Nutella.
You can. However, typically natural peanut butter has less sugar and a coarser grind than Skippy or JIF, so the result will be slightly different. Try to avoid the excess oil if you go the natural route.
This could be from over-measuring the flour or over-baking the cookies. Use a food scale to weigh the flour in grams and take the cookies out of the oven when the centers still look slightly under-baked!
Store peanut butter Nutella cookies at room temperature for up to 1 week in an airtight container. Add a slice of bread to the container to keep them extra soft for longer!
Freeze baked and cooled cookies in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Make the dough ahead of time to bake fresh cookies up to a month later! Just freeze the cookie dough scoops and then place them on the baking sheet while your oven preheats to 350°F.
Easy Chewy Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Large cookie scoop 3-4 tablespoon capacity
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment recommended
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour weighed in grams or spooned and leveled
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes on medium speed). Mix in the egg and vanilla extract really well.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Transfer half of the dough into a separate medium bowl. Fold the peanut butter into one half of the dough, and Nutella into the other, using a spatula. Combine both doughs in the large bowl and fold them together a few times so they have a marbled effect.
- Scoop large cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet 2-3 inches apart and bake until the edges have set (about 9-12 minutes). Let them cool on the pan until firm enough to transfer to a wire cooling rack.