Mini Egg Blondies are easy, chewy blondies filled with mini Cadbury eggs instead of chocolate chips! They are colorful and have an extra sweetness from the pastel sugar coating on the outside of the candy. The best part is that they only take about 30 minutes to make from scratch!
With Easter around the corner, I've been thinking about what recipes with Cadbury mini eggs I could make, and these Easter blondies are the result! These mini egg bars have a slight caramel flavor and rich chew from brown sugar - just like classic blondies with a twist!
Whether you make these mini egg cookie bars for your Easter celebrations or afterwards when you have extra candies on hand, they are truly delicious all year round! They're like my popular Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies but with a festive, milk chocolate twist.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- A creative way to use your Easter candy.
- Chewy, caramely blondie flavor.
- Yummy milk chocolate with a sweet, crisp sugar coating.
- One-bowl dessert that's ready in 30 minutes.
- Unsalted butter gives this mini eggs dessert its moist richness.
- Brown sugar adds a subtle caramel flavor and creates a great chewiness in the blondies. I like using light brown sugar, but dark can also be used.
- Vanilla extract is a classic flavor addition to blondies.
- Mini eggs are what set these blondies apart. My favorite are Cadbury mini eggs, but you can use whichever Easter mini chocolate egg candies you like!
- Sprinkles are optional and are a great way to add extra color throughout your blondies. I love how Watkins's rainbow sprinkles look with the mini eggs!
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Top your mini egg blondies with icing or decorate with pastel frosting for Easter.
- Mix in white chocolate chips or other Easter candies, like chopped Reese's eggs, Peeps, or pastel M&Ms to your blondie batter.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Mini Egg Blondies
Step 1: Mix melted butter, granulated and brown sugars together, then stir in the egg and vanilla extract to combine.
Step 2: Stir the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Fold in chopped mini eggs and sprinkles (if using) until evenly distributed. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
Step 4: Spread the blondie batter into a parchment-lined 8x8 inch metal pan. Top with extra mini eggs and sprinkles if desired. Bake at 350°F until the edges are tan and center is just set, about 20-25 minutes.
Expert Baking Tips
- After you melt the butter, allow it to cool for about 5-10 minutes so that it combines well with the sugars and isn't too hot to cook the egg.
- Chop the mini eggs with a sharp knife on a cutting board or by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Use a good quality metal baking pan rather than a glass or ceramic dish.
Unsalted butter is preferred so that you can control the amount of salt that gets added. If you do use salted butter, decrease the amount of salt in the recipe or omit it all together.
You can really replace the mini eggs with any candy such as M&Ms, chocolate chips, Whoppers, chopped candy bars, etc.
Mini egg blondies should stay soft and chewy in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Store fully cooled and sliced blondies in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram & Facebook!
Easy Mini Egg Blondies (Quick Easter Dessert)
- 8x8 inch metal pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter measured then melted and cooled
- ½ cup brown sugar light or dark, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate eggs chopped (I used Cadbury Mini Eggs)
- ¼ cup sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square metal pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until well-combined and lighter in color. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients. Then, fold in the chopped mini eggs and sprinkles.
- Spread the batter evenly throughout the prepared pan and top with extra mini eggs and sprinkles (optional).
- Bake on the middle rack until the edges start to tan and center barely jiggles (about 20-30 minutes). Remove from pan once cool, slice into squares, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply