No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is the perfect holiday dessert! It starts with an Oreo crumb crust and is topped with peppermint flavored no-bake cheesecake filling that gets swirled with melted chocolate. Whip it up in less than 30 minutes and then let it chill overnight!
My candy cane cheesecake is cool, creamy, crunchy, and packed with peppermint and chocolate flavor. You can top this easy Christmas cheesecake with whipped cream and candy canes to really bring out the holiday spirit!
I absolutely love the holidays, and there are some flavors that put me in the spirit, like peppermint and chocolate! My peppermint Oreo cheesecake is a delicious way to combine those flavors in a chilled, creamy dessert. Make this for your next holiday party or just to have at home for a delicious treat!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This peppermint cheesecake recipe is no-bake so you won't need to turn on your oven!
- It's a tasty twist on my popular No Bake Cheesecake Bites recipe!
- The peppermint cream cheese filling is luscious filled with mint flavor.
- The crust uses Oreos to make a crispy, chocolate base for the no bake mint cheesecake.
- The classic mint chocolate flavor combination in every bite, like in my Andes Mint Brownies and Chocolate Mint Cupcakes!
- Oreos are used in place of traditional graham cracker crunbs in the crust. You can use Oreo brand or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Heavy whipping cream is whisked into whipped cream to add lightness creamy, fluffy filling.
- Room temperature cream cheese and sour cream give this easy peppermint cheesecake the iconic tangy cheesecake flavor. Opt for full fat rather than reduced fat for both.
- Peppermint extract is what gives the cheesecake its minty flavor. It is very strong and can quickly make your dessert taste like toothpaste, so be sure to measure exactly as the recipe says.
- Chocolate chips are melted and swirled onto the cheesecake filling for extra chocolatey flavor.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Add red food coloring to the cheesecake batter to highlight the candy cane flavor.
- Use Mint Chocolate Oreos in the crust for even more minty flavor.
- Make mini chocolate peppermint cheesecakes by dividing the crust and filling in muffin tins. The full recipe should make about 32-36 mini cheesecakes!
- Add crushed candy cane pieces into the cheesecake filling for more mint flavor and a slight crunch.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Chop the Oreos into crumbs using a food processor, then pulse with the melted butter.
Step 2: Press the Oreo mixture into a springform pan and freeze while making the cheesecake filling.
Step 3: In a medium bowl using a whisk or hand mixer (or a stand mixer with whisk attachment), whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks.
Step 4: In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer using paddle attachment), beat room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the granulated sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and peppermint extract.
Step 5: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
Step 6: Spread the cheesecake filling onto the frozen crust. Use an offset spatula to smooth out the top.
Step 7: Drizzle melted chocolate onto the top of the cheesecake mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 8 (Optional): Decorate with whipped cream and crushed candy canes before serving.
Expert Baking Tips
- Check for stiff peaks in your whipped cream by turning your whisk upside down. If the whipped cream doesn't move or wilt, you've reached stiff peaks. If the cream is still too loose, continue whisking.
- Room temperature cream cheese is so important so it blends with the other ingredients instead of breaking into little pieces if it is too cold. Leave your cream cheese on the counter for 1-2 hours before making your cheesecake to soften it.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese until just combined. Try not to over-mix the filling. Over-mixing can deflate the whipped cream.
No - this recipe was created to be no-bake and doesn't contain the same proportions or ingredients as a baked cheesecake.
This could be that it hasn't chilled long enough. The cheesecake should chill overnight or at least for a few hours, and it should not stay on the counter when you are serving it for more than about 30 minutes to an hour or it will become very soft. However, it could also be that the heavy cream wasn't whipped enough.
I recommend refrigerating it, but it can be placed in the freezer after refrigerating for a few hours. While completely frozen cheesecake is difficult to cut through, partly frozen cheesecake makes it easier to get clean slices with a hot knife.
Store peppermint cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Place individual slices into a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw and top with whipped cream and candy canes when ready to serve.
Easy No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- 9-inch Spring Form Pan
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- 24 whole Oreo cookies or other creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted, optional for topping
- whipped cream and crushed candy canes optional for topping
- Chop Oreos and melted butter in a food processor until fine. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a spring form pan. Freeze while making the cheesecake filling.
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- In a medium bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream until it reaches stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Then, stir in the sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and peppermint extract really well.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture just until combined.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the frozen crust. Drizzle melted chocolate on top (optional). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes when ready to serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.