Easy Homemade Peach Kefir Ice Cream is perfect for the summer heat! This 3-ingredient frozen kefir ice cream is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. Plus, it's incredibly simple to make with an ice cream machine.
Ice cream can seem daunting to make at home, but unlike many ice cream recipes, this doesn't require making a custard! All you'll need is Lifeway Organic Peach Whole Milk Kefir, fresh or frozen peaches, and honey to make homemade peach ice cream. Grab some extra peaches and try my Blueberry Peach Crisp too!
Blending kefir and honey creates a creamy and tangy ice cream base that gets mixed with fresh or frozen peaches. Prepare your ice cream maker, you're just a few steps away from delicious, lactose-friendly peach ice cream!
This recipe is sponsored by Lifeway Kefir. Their peach kefir is one of my favorites of their organic whole milk kefir flavors to drink and make ice cream with! It's up to 99% lactose-free, gluten-free, and full of probiotics!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This easy fresh peach recipe has only 3 ingredients and 4 steps! It doesn't get much simpler than that to make homemade ice cream.
- Lifeway Organic Peach Whole Milk Kefir adds a creamy tang that pairs perfectly with the peaches. It's like a frozen, creamy peaches and cream dessert.
- This simple recipe is easy to make with different mix-ins or toppings. Try cookie or shortcake crumbs for added texture or caramel for added sweetness!
- It's fruity and creamy like my cherry amaretto ice cream recipe, but so much easier!
- It uses kefir which is low on lactose content, making this ice cream much more friendly for those that are lactose-intolerant!
You'll need the following 3 ingredients to make this delicious peach ice cream:
- Lifeway Organic Peach Whole Milk Kefir tastes like peaches and cream and makes a delicious base for the ice cream when blended with honey!
- Fresh peaches are great in this ice cream if they are in season and juicy! If they're out of season, sliced frozen peaches will also work well.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- Substitute agave or maple syrup instead of honey. Make sure to taste test the sweetened kefir mixture to ensure the flavor is to your liking.
- Mix in peach jam instead of, or in addition to, the peaches.
- Add cookie crumbs from sugar cookies or shortbread when you add the peaches for extra texture.
- Substitute any flavor of whole milk kefir and fruit to make new combinations of flavors. Lifeway has a large variety of flavors to choose from!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
This ice cream is churned, so you will need an ice cream machine to make it. I use the KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment for my stand mixer which works really well. There are also many easy-to-use ice cream machines available at home goods stores or online.
Other than that, you'll just need a food processor or blender to make this ice cream! No oven or stove needed!
How to Make Peach Kefir Ice Cream
Quick Recipe Video
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Blend the kefir and honey in a food processor or blender until frothy.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into a chilled ice cream maker and churn per the manufacturer's instructions until it's slightly thick. This takes me about 10-20 minutes.
Step 3: Add the peaches to the ice cream and continue churning until thick (another 5-15 minutes).
Step 4: Spread the ice cream into a frozen loaf pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Expert Baking Tips
- Freeze the ice cream maker and pan ahead of time, ideally the night before, to ensure they are sufficiently chilled.
- Let the ice cream thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes if it is frozen solid. This will make it easier to scoop.
This is not recommended. The ice cream will likely turn out icy instead of having a creamy texture.
This is not recommended because the fat content in the whole milk kefir is what helps make the ice cream nice and creamy.
You can find it at lifewaykefir.com or in the dairy section of many grocery and convenience stores.
Store peach kefir ice cream in an airtight container for up to 2 months. I like to initially freeze it in the loaf pan and then scoop it into a lidded container to store.
If it's too solid to scoop, let it soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Easy Homemade Peach Kefir Ice Cream (3 Ingredients)
- Blender or food processor
- Ice cream machine
- Measuring spoon
- Loaf pan or shallow pan
- 32 ounces Lifeway Organic Peach Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 tablespoons honey more/less depending on sweetness preference
- 1 cup peaches sliced or diced, fresh or frozen, peeled or skin-on
- Before getting started, prepare/chill your ice cream maker according to its instructions. Place a clean and dry loaf pan in the freezer.
- Blend the kefir and honey until frothy.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared ice cream machine and churn according to its instructions until slightly thick. This takes about 10-20 minutes in my KitchenAid ice cream maker.
- Add in the peaches and continue churning for another 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the kefir ice cream into your frozen pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- If frozen solid, let the kefir ice cream thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.