It's currently that transition season between summer and fall where school is starting, football season is kicking off, and the grocery store is displaying Oktoberfest and Halloween decor, but it's still too hot to turn on my oven most days. I can't lie - I'm excited for pumpkin flavored everything, so to get a jump on fall, I made these delicious No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes! They're full of pumpkin spice flavors in one creamy, cold bite!
These mini pumpkin cheesecakes start with a homemade, sweet graham cracker crust and are topped with a no bake cheesecake filling with warm fall spices and pumpkin. This recipe takes traditional cheesecake to the next level. They are chilled, creamy, crunchy, and I know you are going to love them!
If you're looking for a plain version of these that you can top with whatever you like, try my No Bake Cheesecake Bites recipe!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- No oven or water bath is required so you can make this super simple pumpkin cream cheese dessert even on the hottest of days!
- This easy pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe is perfect for any holiday party because you end up with individually portioned little desserts, like my Pumpkin Pie Filled Thumbprint Cookies!
- It's the perfect combination of warm spices, creamy cheesecake, and crispy graham cracker crust.
- It's completely egg free and can be made gluten free with special graham crackers.
- Store-bought graham crackers make the perfect crust because the graham cracker crumbs are extra dry and crispy which allows them to soak up the melted butter. My favorite brand is Honey Maid, but use what you have on hand or your favorite brand.
- Pumpkin puree is what makes this a true pumpkin spice dessert with actual pumpkin flavor. You can find this in the baking aisle of the grocery store, and make sure you grab puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
- Heavy whipping cream is key to this no bake pumpkin cheesecake. You beat it until you make fresh whipped cream which creates the perfect creamy texture for your cheesecake.
- This recipe uses a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to make a homemade pumpkin pie spice.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- To make a pumpkin and chocolate variation, substitute in chocolate graham crackers for the crust and mix in mini chocolate chips to the pumpkin cheesecake filling.
- Make a pumpkin chai version of this mini pumpkin cheesecake recipe by swapping out your favorite chai spice mix for the spices in the recipe.
- Swap gingersnap cookies for the graham crackers to make a gingersnap crust.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter to a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
Step 2: Press 2 tablespoons of the fine crumbs into the cupcake liners in your muffin tin and freeze while you make the filling.
Step 3: Using the whisk attachment of a stand or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. This is when it's firm enough to hold its shape after lifting the whisks out of the cream.
Step 4: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt until fully incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
Step 5: Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin cream cheese mixture until just combined and no streaks remain.
Step 6: Scoop cheesecake filling on top of the frozen graham cracker crusts. Smooth out the top of each cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
Tip #1: Use the bottom of a small glass or your fingers to firmly press the graham cracker crust into the base of each cupcake liner.
Tip #2: To check if your whipped cream is in stiff peaks, take the whisk attachment and hold it so the tip faces up. If the peak of the whipped cream folds over itself, it's not quite there. You'll know you've reached stiff peaks when the shape of the whipped cream doesn't change when you turn the whisk upside down.
Tip #3: Your filling will come together the easiest if you use room temperature ingredients. Take out all of the filling ingredients and place on the counter about an hour before you are ready to make your cheesecake. However, the heavy cream should be kept cold.
Tip #4: Whip some extra heavy cream with a little powdered sugar and pipe it on top of the cheesecakes, then sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top!
Absolutely! Simply swap in gluten free graham crackers for the crust.
You can make these mini cheesecakes up to one week in advance. However, the crust may begin to get soggy after the first 2-3 days. It is still safe to eat and delicious - it just may lose some of its crisp!
I don't recommend leaving these at room temperature for more than 30-60 minutes. Since they're no-bake, they're very creamy and will soften up a lot outside of the fridge/freezer.
No, these are not interchangeable. Pumpkin pie filling typically contains added sugar and spices whereas puree is pure pumpkin.
Place the individual cheesecakes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
These mini pumpkin cheesecakes can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month.
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a ⭐️ review below and tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram & Facebook!
No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Cupcake pan with liners
- Food Processor
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Hand mixer recommended
Graham Cracker Crusts
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Graham Cracker Crusts
- In a food processor, chop the graham crackers, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and pulse until it resembles wet sand.
- Fill a cupcake pan with paper liners and then press 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each one. Freeze while making the cheesecake filling.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- Using a hand mixer, whisk the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the sugar, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, vanilla extract, spices, and salt really well.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin cream cheese mixture just until combined.
- Scoop the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crusts and smooth out the tops. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
Hi! Does this firm up enough that i could roll a cheesecake ball in the crust mixture and make cheesecake pops? TIA
Kayla Burton says
Hi! I love that idea but no, these no bake cheesecakes likely wouldn't hold up to be firm cheesecake balls. I'd recommend opting for a baked cheesecake to do that!
Laura Villarreal says
Hi, Would you have a pumpkin cheesecake recipe for a 9" springform pan? Thank you!! 😊
Kayla Burton says
Hi Laura! Not yet, sorry! While I haven't tested it, you may be able to double this recipe and make it in a springform.