Pumpkin loaf has always been my go-to fall treat. Therefore, I decided to spice it up by adding a cinnamon/cardamom/sugar layer. Originally, I pondered adding this as a streusel on the top, but the moist top is one of my favorite parts of a pumpkin loaf. By adding it in the middle, the loaf is more tasty and it gets to keep its soft top! Move over pumpkin spice lattes, there's a new PSL in town!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon, ground
- Nutmeg, ground
- Ginger, ground
- Cardamom, ground
- Cloves, ground
- Pumpkin puree
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
At no cost to you, I may earn from qualifying purchases made through affiliate links on this page.
Tips & Storage:
- Be careful not to under-bake this loaf! If it isn't baked all the way, the top middle of the loaf will sink and look raw (I found this out the hard way!) In order to make sure it's done, you should bake it until the top is firm and a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- This bread can be made without the cinnamon/cardamom/sugar layer.
- Store at room temperature for a few days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Recipes You'll Love:
- Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Toasted Meringue Frosting
- Banana Bread
- Spiced Carrot Sheet Cake
- Snickerdoodle Rolls
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
Rate & Comment Below!
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Loaf
- 9x5" bread pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cups or Scale
- 1¾ cups (219g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1½ cups (340g) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar packed
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5" bread pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Mix in the pumpkin puree. Add the oil, sugars, and vanilla extract and whisk together thoroughly.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour streaks are visible.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Pour ½ of the pumpkin loaf batter into the greased pan. Evenly sprinkle the snickerdoodle layer on top, then cover with the remaining batter. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the loaf for 60-70 minutes, or until the top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely in the pan, on a cooling rack. When it's ready, carefully run a butter knife around the edges and remove it from the pan. Enjoy!