Graham Cracker Crust is one of the easiest homemade pie crusts you can make, and it is one of my favorite pie crusts! All you need for this recipe is 3 simple ingredients: graham crackers, butter, and sugar. I like to add a little bit of cinnamon to my crust as well for some added spice. If you're not sure how to make a pie crust with graham crackers, this recipe is for you!
To make things even easier, this 3-ingredient graham cracker pie crust recipe can be made 3 months ahead of the pie filling as long as it's stored in the freezer. This homemade graham cracker crust is my favorite to use with my banana cream pie recipe, but it also pairs well with chocolate, peanut butter, or really any other fillings!
Why We Love This Recipe
- This simple recipe for graham cracker crust only uses 3 ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- It's so versatile, and it makes the perfect base for nearly any of your favorite delicious pies. I love to use it for cream pies and ice cream pie.
- This basic recipe helps you learn how to make a graham cracker crust in just 2 simple steps and doesn't take much time at all!
- You can make it well in advance and store it in the freezer, so you can have pie ready in no time!
- You won't need to worry about finding uncracked pre-made graham cracker crusts at the store anymore since you can make your own homemade one!
- It's just as good as the no-bake graham cracker crust in my No Bake Cheesecake Bites recipe, but even more sturdy since it's baked!
- Graham crackers - store-bought actually works best in this recipe given the dry, crumbly nature of the crackers. Use your favorite brand from the grocery store.
- Butter - I recommend using unsalted butter in this recipe for the best result, but if you prefer a salty bite, you can use salted butter.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions & Variations
- For a chocolate version, swap out honey grahams for chocolate graham crackers.
- Make a cookie crust variation by crushing your favorite store bought cookies in place of the graham crackers.
- Bake this crust into a 9-inch spring form pan to use for homemade cheesecake!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Place graham crackers, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon if using in a food processor, and pulse into fine crumbs with the texture of wet sand.
Step 2: Press the crust mixture into a 9-inch pie pan using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup, and bake at 315°F for 8-12 minutes. Allow the pie crust to cool completely on a wire rack.
Tip #1 - Be careful not to overmeasure the butter or undermeasure the graham crackers. This could cause butter to leak out of the crust while baking and leave you with a soggy crust.
Tip #2 - Press the crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of your pie dish, and then work your way up the sides evenly. I like to use my hands, but the bottom of a cup also works well.
Tip #3 - Make sure to allow the buttery graham cracker crust to cool completely before adding any fillings to avoid a soggy crust.
Tip #4 - Depending on the size of your pie pan, you may have extra homemade graham cracker crust. Try layering the extra crust in a jar with instant pudding and whipped cream for an easy on-the-go personal pie jar!
You can still make this graham cracker crust homemade even if you don't have a food processor. Place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin until finely ground. Then mix the crushed graham crackers with the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl before pressing the mixture into the bottom of the pie plate. You can also use store-bought graham cracker crumbs.
Make sure you use the correct amount of butter because that is the binding agent. Then pressing the crust mixture firmly up the sides of the pan will help ensure a crust that won't fall apart.
Baking is an important step to creating the most firm crust that doesn't easily fall apart.
Room Temperature: Graham cracker crust can be cooled, wrapped, and left on the counter for 1 day in advance of assembling your pie.
Freezing Instructions: Wrap the baked and completely cooled crust tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
Did you try this recipe? I'd love to see it! Tag @brokenovenbaking on Instagram & Facebook and leave a ⭐️ review below!
3-Ingredient Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
- Food Processor
- 9" Pie Dish
- 12 graham crackers
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 315°F
- Using a food processor, chop the graham crackers, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Press the mixture evenly around the bottom and sides of a pie dish.
- Bake at 315°F for 8-12 minutes.
- Let the crust completely cool before using it for your pie.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.